Hepta Airborne – a next-generation technology company is looking for a Data Scientist!
We build our own helicopter-type industrial drones that outperform the traditional helicopters in every aspect.
We aim to automate as much of the physical power lines infrastructure inspection as possible by automating both the flights and the analysis.
We are preferred by our customers because we offer end-to-end services to cover all required development and implementation stages – data collection (photos, IR imagery, LIDAR), analysis (efficient tools and AI-aided processes) and delivery (integrations and reporting).
Our clients are utility companies in Estonia, Finland, Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Montenegro, Spain, Portugal and by the time of reading, probably quite a few more.
We need YOU - a brilliant Data Scientist for whom no challenge is too difficult.
You will be:
- Acquiring, processing and cleaning the data
- Building object detection models and machine-learning algorithms based on business needs and objectives
- Exploring ways to enhance data quality and reliability and identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Proposing solutions and strategies to business challenges
- Measuring and improving results
- Collaborate closely with software and hardware engineering teams
Hot topics that you would be dealing with right after joining:
- Use existing data to train object detection models that will identify objects and faults in the power line structures
- Build processes and automate data handling
- Experimenting with different data sources for the models - photos, thermal images, LIDAR point-clouds, etc.
- Scaling up our systems for bigger and badder clients
- Contributing to the team's growth and professional development
We are looking for
- Entrepreneurial mindset – we are in a stage where we move fast, make decisions with little information but respect processes to keep the code & product quality high
- Curious and experimental mind - we are looking for a person who are willing to try different data science techniques to achieve the results, be it machine learning, statistical modeling, artificial intelligence, or something else
- Professional experience with training object detection models and applying the models in the software
- Professional experience with technologies like SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++
- Proactive attitude – inclination to take initiative and contribute to design choices of models and algorithms
- Product-mindedness and customer-centric thinking
- Leadership mentality, good communication skills and ability to align a group of people towards a common goal
- Full-time preferred, part-time possible
- Location: Tartu or Tallinn, Estonia
- An open-minded and positive working climate with an emphasis on getting things done
- Constructive and collaborative attitude within our young and motivated team
- Work with high-profile customers and in an exciting industry (high-end drones, electricity power grid, LIDAR, machine learning, modern technologies and hi-tech equipment)
- Chance to be part of a successful, growing startup and work on exciting technologies
- Passionate team, events, annual summer days etc.
- Competitive compensation package