Hepta Airborne – a next-generation technology company is looking for a Drone Pilot!
You will be trained to laser-scan power lines and take photos of them in Portugal. The results of your work will be used by the maintenance personnel to assess the state of the lines and plan repairs. LIDAR scanning produces a highly accurate 3D model which can be used for various purposes from taking precise measurements to measuring encroaching vegetation and planning its trimming. You will be working with 2-3 other people in the same team and share quarters.
The project lasts until the end of 2023. However, we are interested in long-term contributors to the team, who would be willing to continue working next year either in Portugal or travel to other countries and projects and train more pilots.
It’s a great opportunity to enter the high-tech drone & AI industry and build out your career!
Hepta Airborne is an Estonian technology company, that automates the analysis of power lines by utilizing drones and artificial intelligence. Hepta helps utility companies find defects and potential risks to prevent future failures and save costs. Our customers prefer us because we offer end-to-end services to cover all stages – from data collection (photos, IR imagery, LIDAR) to analysis (efficient tools and AI-aided processes) and delivery (integrations and reporting). Our software platform uBird allows customers to get a detailed overview of their assets and make well-informed decisions. We are constantly developing and adding new features to uBird to give our customers the tools to succeed. Today, Hepta Airborne has customers on four continents and is trusted to analyze over 3000km of power lines every month.
- Plan your work and prepare missions for automated flights
- Operate mainly DJI Mavic Enterprise and Matrice series drones to conduct power line inspections, ensuring safe and efficient flight operations
- Capture high-quality images and create accurate 3D models of power lines and related infrastructure using LIDARs, visual and infrared sensors
- Post-process raw LIDAR data to create georeferenced (unclassified) point clouds
- Maintain accurate records of flight operations and captured data
- Prior drone piloting experience is a plus but is not required
- Any drone pilot licenses or certifications are appreciated, but not required
- Strong technical skills and a passion for technology
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills and tolerance to spend months working with the same people in close quarters every day
- Good spoken and written English
- Physical ability to work in challenging natural environments
- No aversion to paperwork and legislation
- Willingness to work flexible hours and manage your own schedule
- A valid driver’s license
- Location: Portugal
- Contract: until the end of 2023 with the potential for continuing the contract
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Living expenses abroad covered by Hepta
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology and equipment without any prior required experience
- Top-notch equipment for executing the work provided by Hepta
- Intensive training program
- Career advancement opportunities
If you’re interested, please submit your CV along with a cover letter by March 28, 2023 describing why you would be a good fit for the position.